Sunday 28 February 2016

The Elegance: Japanese Koi

Japanese Koi - VKM Enterprise Miri
I snapped this photo this morning while doing my daily monitoring routine.

Japanese Koi

Lovely aren't they? The complexity of their colour, Red, White, Dark, Golden! The combination of their body textures, together with their swimming motions and their affection towards human (strictly trained by my boss) release a soothing sensation towards anyone who set their gaze upon them.

Unlike local Koi's, Japanese Koi's are totally different, from head to toe (or in this case, lips to tail).

Distinguishing Japanese Koi's and Local Koi's is really a tough job, especially the small ones, around 6 - 10 inches. I admit even with my years of experience, differentiating them can be hard!

The good news is, we imported all our Japanese Koi's. For those who have dropped by our shop, they will definitely saw tons of Japanese which are at least 2 feet in size in few of our main ponds. Yes you didn't read it wrongly, 2 FEET.

The largest we have here is 76cm to be exact. A Goromo (Google this name). She might not have the prettiest colour, but her size will surely tell you what's the difference between a Local Koi and her.

Put it this way, under good environment (pond dimension, water quality, etc.) & a proper feeding habit, Japanese Koi can easily grow up to 2 feet. On the other hand, percentage to achieve that length for a Local Koi is roughly same as hitting a 4D.

Just to make things clear, I'm not taking sides, Local's have their own beauty. In fact I've seen clients who brought up really really beautiful Local Koi's. I still remember their colours, cause I mistaken them as Japanese Koi on the first sight. Real beauty.

Japanese Koi may cost a lot, each price ranging from hundreds to thousands. But trust me, money is the last thing you should worry about. Bringing up a good batch of Japanese Koi requires space, time and effort. And more importantly, a heart full of patience and love.

For those who never came to our shop, do visit soon. For those who came before, feel free to drop by often, you don't have to buy a thing, I can promise there will not be a single staff in here that will prompt you to purchase stuffs (I trained them). Just bring your family, your kids, your girlfriend, boyfriend, grand parent too! (we have a bench sitting just beside the Japanese Koi pond). Bring them over, I guarantee you will like our fishes.

Will post more update from time to time regarding our Koi's. Stay tuned. Thank you for spending your time reading. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment